Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 5! The Final Post!

My goal this week was to maintain my habit of eating fast food only once a week and to have pre-made healthy meals for convenience. I was able to keep myself to eating out only once and I did a good job of pre-making my meals.

I think I was as successful as I was because of how I did the previous week. I was rather disappointed in how poorly I did so I overcompensated this week to make up for it. Because of this diligence I found it rather easy to achieve all my goals for the week. I'm glad that I decided to pre-make meals this week because that really helped keep me on track.

I felt generally happy for the entire week, mostly due to how well I did with my goals. I learned that I can help myself succeed by planning my week out in head of time, and I know that I can psych myself into succeeding as well.

I plan to continue my habits as they currently are. I think I've found a good system that fits where I'm at in my life right now and I plan to maintain it.

MY PROJECT IN REVIEW

My original plan was to cut fast food down to only once a week and to eat one healthy meal everyday. My goal remained just about the same the entire time, the only modifications I added had to do with planning in head of time to insure success.

Things that helped me the most were writing down a schedule, limiting what I let myself buy for groceries, and positive self talk. I struggled at times mostly due to either the busyness of school, or from the pressures of friends to deviate. 

This project has helped me become a healthier eater and to get back on track for losing weight. I learned that I'm not as young as I used to be and losing weight is a lot harder than I remember it being. I also found it hard at first to deviate from my set patterns and behaviors, but as time went on things became easier and easier.

The environment benefited from me because I cut down on my consumption of processed foods which reek havik on the environment. Also, by improving my health I am able to be a role model for my friends to lose weight and eat healthier.

I plan to continue my current plan for as long as I can. If possible, I would like to eventually cut fast food completely out of my diet, though that might not be that easy to do anytime soon. The only advise I would give to anyone is to make sure you write down your plan of action. Without visual reminders it becomes far too easy to deviate from your set goals.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to cut out fast food all together, although I have been much better in the past six months than ever before. However, it take a lot of patience and a lot of schedule making to figure it all out. Some weeks I do actually plan out my meals for the week then hit the grocery store just for those items. I was doing really good at that for awhile again....but now I've fallen off the wagon. As long as we have a goal in mind, we can accomplish anything we set out minds too!!! I'm glad to hear your SMART goal was a success and i wish you the best of luck in the future continuing your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done a great job over the last 5 weeks!! Like you said, it is hard to step away from our normal patterns and daily routines. I'm glad that you have had success and are going to continue with the challenge. Sometimes it's hard to stick with something, but patience is the key. Great job, keep up the good work and good luck with the challenge as you move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Alex! It sounds like you're definitely on the right track with your goals of eating healthy and losing weight. I would also love to cut out fast food all together but I agree that it's sort of hard with how busy our schedules are. I want to plan my meals out as you did, hearing how much happier you were, probably due to less stress, makes me want to try this out and see how it works for me.

    ReplyDelete

comment on The Johnson