Monday, October 3, 2011

Eye Opener 1

The quiz that I took came from: http://www.iuhpeconference.net/pages/sustainable_conference/ecological_footprint.php.

The results of my quiz said that my footprint is about 4.5 Earths. Though I feel bad that I am harming the Earth, I can't help but feel my main drains on the environment are mostly out of my control. I did well in most of the categories except for power and shelter. In regards to me eating habits I felt I was right about where I should be. Being a college student I feel that there isn't much I can do to effect the power situation within my community other then using less power (lights, tv, etc.). Not having much money and climate also plays a big role in the type of shelter that I can afford. Though it would be nice to live in a totally green home free of electricity, I cant imagine it being possible to achieve considering my life circumstances and climate. The quiz and readings were interesting to go through none the less, and I plan to do my small part to continue improving my diet and consumption rate of electricity, water, and gas.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex, you and I are pretty much in the same boat looking at our ecological footprints. I too will be working on using less electricity, right now I'm actually sitting in the living room without any lamps on, which is very rare for me, I like to have ALL the lights on, I hate being in the dark! I do agree that as a college student it is hard to change our lifestyle's, but it is interesting to learn about the different little things we can do to lower our footprint.

    ReplyDelete

comment on The Johnson